Treaty 7 was the final treaty needed to complete the. acquisition of the"fertile belt" of Western Canada. As part of the treaty reserve lands were set aside for the five signatory tribes. The Piikani and Stoney received their own reserves, which they still occupy today. The Siksika, Kainaa and Tsuu Tina were given a common reserve, averaging four miles in width, on the north side of the Bow from 20 miles northwest of Blackfoot Crossing downstream to the junction of the Red Deer River with the South Saskatchewan.
At the time the Tsuu T'ina and the other tribes signed Treaty 7, they had no thoughts of settling down, as the buffalo were believed to be still plentiful. Within a year the buffalo were gone and the people were starving.The government were forced to feed them. Many Tsuu T'ina camped at Fort Calgary where they were well treated by the Northwest Mounted Police.
The Tsuu T'ina and Kainaa where unhappy sharing a common reserve with the Siksika. Bull Head, head chief of the Tsuu T'ina insisted on a reserve on Fish Creek and the Elbow River which they had always considered as their country. In 1882 a new reserve was surveyed out. In 1883, a new treaty was made with the Tsuu T'ina officially giving them lands, which amounted to three townships, an area 18 miles east to west and 7 miles north to south lying between the Elbow River and Fish Creek.
The Canadian Government began to implement a policy to turn the Treaty 7 First Nations into farmers, which they anticipated would solve both the problem of feeding them, as well as assisting in civilizing and assimilating them into White society. Agency farms were established and farm instructors assigned to the reserves. Fish Creek Farm, which was located in today's Fish Creek Provincial Park, was established for the benefit of the Siksika, Tsuu T'ina and Stoney. In 1885 a separate agency for the Tsuu Tina was opened on Fish Creek at the southeast end of the Reserve near the Anglican mission.